Hubert de Givenchy launched his first collection under the Givenchy name in 1952, shortly before he turned 25, after several years as artistic director of the renowned Maison Schiaparelli. Five years later, Givenchy opened its own boutique nearby in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, starting with an impressive collection of singles, or blouses and skirts that could be worn in various combinations, which was an instant hit. Not long after Dior revitalized the fashion world with its new look, Givenchy insisted on breaking traditional style codes, starting with the idea of selling interchangeable garments rather than as a single outfit — an idea more popular in New York. York than in Paris. Givenchy expanded its high-end accessories and costume jewelry in the late 1960s with typical designs using gold-plated or silver-plated material, heavy chains, glass, Lucite, rhinestones and fake pearls. Vintage Givenchy jewelry was often signed with a stamp of the company name or a variation of the "G" logo on the clasps.